--===============0929413743==

------=_Part_16411_420090.1160382315241

Apologies for multiple copies due to cross postings. Please send to
interested colleagues and students.

Call for Papers
| The Second International Conference on Availability, Reliability and
Security (AReS)
| ARES 2007 - "The International Security and Dependability Conference"

April 10th =96 April 13th,2007
Vienna University of Technology, Austria

http://www.ares-conf.org
http://www.ares-conference.eu

Conference
-----------
The 1st International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security
conference (ARES 2006)
has been succesfully organized in Vienna, AUSTRIA from April 20 to April 22=
,
2006 by the Technical
University of Vienna in cooperation with the European Network and Security
Agency (ENISA). We have
attracted 250 participants for this conference with its 3 keynotes speakers
and its 9 workshops held
in conjunction with.

In continuation of the successful 1st ARES conference, The Second
International Conference on Availability,
Reliability and Security ("ARES 2007 =96 The International Security and
Dependability Conference")
will bring together researchers and practitioners in the area of IT-Securit=
and Dependability.

ARES 2007 will highlight the various aspects of security =96 with special
focus on secure internet solutions,
trusted computing, digital forensics, privacy and organizational security
issues.

ARES 2007 aims at a full and detailed discussion of the research issues of
security as an integrative
concept that covers amongst others availability, safety, confidentiality,
integrity, maintainability
and security in the different fields of applications.

Important Dates
----------------
* Workshop Proposal: September, 10th 2006
* Submission Deadline: November, 19th 2006
* Author Notification: January, 7th 2007
* Author Registration: January, 21st 2007
* Proceedings Version: January, 21st 2007

Workshop Proposal
-----------------
In conjunction with the AReS2007 conference, a number of workshops will be
organised.
Workshop proposals which should include the call for papers, the number of
papers to be accepted,
the contact person, etc. are to be sent to the Workshop Organizing Committe=
(tho@ifs.tuwien.ac.at),
by September 10th 2006. Proceedings of the ARES 2007 workshops will be
published by IEEE Computer
Society Press.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Process based Security Models and Methods
* Autonomous Computing
* Authorization and Authentication
* Availability and Reliability
* Common Criteria Protocol
* Cost/Benefit Analysis
* Cryptographic protocols
* Dependability Aspects for Special Applications (e.g. ERP-Systems,
Logistics)
* Dependability Aspects of Electronic Government (e-Government)
* Dependability administration
* Dependability in Open Source Software
* Designing Business Models with security requirements
* Digital Forensics
* E-Commerce Dependability
* Failure Prevention
* IPR of Security Technology
* Incident Response and Prevention
* Information Flow Control
* Internet Dependability
* Interoperability aspects
* Intrusion Detection and Fraud Detection
* Legal issues
* Mobile Security
* Network Security
* Privacy-enhancing technologies
* RFID Security and Privacy
* Risk planning, analysis & awareness
* Safety Critical Systems
* Secure Enterprise Architectures
* Security Issues for Ubiquitous Systems
* Security and Privacy in E-Health
* Security and Trust Management in P2P and Grid applications
* Security and privacy issues for sensor networks, wireless/mobile devices
and applications
* Security as Quality of Service
* Security in Distributed Systems / Distributed Databases
* Security in Electronic Payments
* Security in Electronic Voting
* Software Engineering of Dependable Systems
* Software Security
* Standards, Guidelines and Certification
* Survivability of Computing Systems
* Temporal Aspects of Dependability
* Trusted Computing
* Tools for Dependable System Design and Evaluation
* Trust Models and Trust Management
* VOIP/Wireless Security

Submission Guidelines
----------------------
Authors are invited to submit research and application papers following the
IEEE Computer Society Proceedings
Manuscripts style: two columns, single-spaced, including figures and
references, using 10 fonts, and number
each page. You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author
Guidelines at the following web page:

The Web site for paper registration and electronic submission is available
at:
http://www.ares-conf.org/confdriver/...ver/papers/add

Please refer to ARES website (http://www.ares-conf.org or
http://www.ares-conference.eu) for update information.

Honorary Co-Chairs
-------------------
Norman Revell, Middlesex University, United Kingdom
Roland Wagner, University of Linz, Austria

General Co-Chairs
------------------
Guenther Pernul, University of Regensburg, Germany
Makoto Takizawa, Tokyo Denki University, Japan

Program Co-Chairs
------------------
Gerald Quirchmayr, University of Southern Australia, Australia
A Min Tjoa, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

Workshops Co-Chairs
--------------------
Nguyen Manh Tho, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Abdelkader Hameurlain, University of Toulouse, France
Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan

International Liaison Co-Chairs
--------------------------------
Maria Wimmer, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
Charles Shoniregun, University of East London, United Kingdom

Publicity Chair
----------------
Vladimir Marik, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic

Publication Chair
------------------
Monika Lanzenberger, Norwegian University of Science and Technology,
Trondheim, Norway

Local Organizing Chairs
------------------------
Maria Schweikert, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Markus Klemen, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

Programme Committee
--------------------
Jemal H. Abawajy, Deakin University, Australia
Karl Aberer, EPFL, Switzerland
Abiola Abimbola, Napier University, UK
Rafael Accorsi, University of Freiburg, Germany
Alessandro Acquisti, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Andre Adelsbach, Telindus PSF S.A., Luxembourg
Vasilis Aggelis, PIRAEUS Bank (WINBANK), Greece
John Andrews, Loughborough, University, UK
Michael Backes, Saarland University, Germany
Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan
Lisa Bartlett, Loughborough University, UK
Massimo Bartoletti, Universita' di Pisa, Italy
Darcy G. Benoit, Acadia University, Wolfville, Canada
Helmut Berger, E-Commerce Competence Center - EC3, Austria
Bharat Bhargava, Purdue University, USA
Christophe Blanchet, CNRS IBCP, France
Alexander B=F6hm, University of Mannheim, Germany
Stephane Bressan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Luciano Burgazzi, ENEA, Italy
Kevin Butler, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Jesper Buus Nielsen , University of Aarhus, Denmark
Catharina Candolin, The Finnish Defence Forces. Finland
Jiannong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hongkong
Jordi Castell=E0-Roca, Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona, Spain
David Chadwick, University of Kent, UK
Surendar Chandra, University of Notre Dame, USA
Guihai Chen, Nanjing University, China
Simon Christophe, Nancy University, France
Soon-Ae Chun, City University of New York, USA
Nathan Clarke, University of Plymouth, UK
Joey Coleman, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gao Cong, University of Edinburgh, UK
Ricardo Corin, INRIA-MSR & University of Twente, The Netherlands
George Davida, University of Wisconsinat Milwaukee, USA
Robert H. Deng , Singapore Management University, Singapore
Jochen Dinger, Universit=E4t Karlsruhe (TH), Germany
Lucia Draque Penso, University of Mannheim, Germany
Schahram Dustdar, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Christian Engelmann, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Yung-Chin Fang, Dell Inc., USA
Hannes Federrath, University of Regensburg, Germany
Pascal Felber, Universit=E9 de Neuch=E2tel, Switzerland
Elena Ferrari, University of Insubria, Italy
Sergio Flesca, DEIS =96 University of Calabria, Italy
Vincenzo De Florio, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Vladimir Fomichov, K.E. Tsiolkovsky Russian State Technological University,
Russia
Jordi Forn=E9, Technincal Universtiy of Catalonia, Spain
Huirong Fu, Oakland University, MI, USA
Steven Furnell, University of Plymouth, UK
Javier Garcia-Villalba, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
Matthew Gebski, University of New South Wales, Australia
Karl Goeschka, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Swapna S. Gokhale, University of Connecticut, USA
Marcin Gorawski, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
Stephan Gro=DF, Technische Universit=E4t Dresde, Germany
Daniel Grosu, Wayne State University, USA
Michael Grottke, Duke University, USA
Le Gruenwald, University of Oklahoma, USA
Qijun Gu, Texas State University, USA
Yong Guan, Iowa State University, USA
Ibrahim Haddad, Open Source Development Labs, USA
Abdelkader Hameurlain, Paul Sabatier University, France
Marit Hansen, Independent Centre for Privacy Protection, USA
Naohiro Hayashibara, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
Xubin (Ben) He, Tennessee Technological University, USA
Yanxiang He, Wuhan University, China
Rattikorn Hewett, Texas Tech University, USA
Chin-Tser Huang, University of South Carolina, USA
Jimmy Huang, York University, Canada
Thomas Jensen, IRISA/CNRS, France
Zhen Jiang, West Chester University, USA
Hai Jin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Oliver Jorns, ftw. Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien, Austria
Audun Josang, School of Software Engineering and Data Communications,
Australia
Jan Jurjens, Munich University of Technology, Germany and Open University,
UK
Holger Kenn, University of Bremen, Germany
Dogan Kesdogan, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Brian King, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
Ted Krovetz, California State University, USA
Raphael Kunis, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
Helmut Kurth, Atsec Information Security, USA
Marc Lacoste, France T=E9l=E9com R&D, France
Kwok-Yan Lam, Tsinghua University, China
Chokchai Box Leangsuksun, Louisiana Tech University, USA
Yih-Jiun Lee, Department of Information Management, CTU, Taiwan
Chin-Laung Lei, National Taiwan University, China
Philippe Leray, INSA (National Institute of Applied Sciences) of Rouen,
France
Jun Li, University of Oregon, USA
Sam Lightstone, IBM Canada Ltd., Canada
Chae-Hoon Lim, Sejong University, Korea
Ching Lin, Macquarie University, Australia
Man Lin, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
Alex Zhaoyu Liu, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Tong Liu, Dell Inc, USA
Hua Liu , Xerox labs, USA
Javier Lopez, University of Malaga, Spain
Sanglu Lu, Nanjing University, China
Jianhua Ma, Hosei University, Japan
Qiang Ma, NEC, Japan
Josef Makolm, Federal Ministry of Finance, Austria
Carsten Maple, University of Luton, UK
Keith Martin , University of London, UK
Fabio Martinelli, National Research Council - C.N.R, Italy
BeniaminoDi Martino, Second University of Naples, Italy
Santiago Melia, University of Alicante, Spain
Nasrullah Memon, Aalborg University Esbjerg, Denmark
Geyong Min, University of Bradford, UK
George Mohay, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Marina Mongiello, Technical University of Bari, Italy
Stefania Montani, Universita' del Piemonte Orientale, Italy
Yi Mu, University of Wollongong, Australia
Junghyun Nam, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea
Priya Narasimhan, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Tho Manh Nguyen, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Jesper Nielsen, University of =C5rhus, Denmark
Thomas Nowey, University of Regensburg, Germany
Tomas Olovsson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Hong Ong, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Maria Papadaki, University of Plymouth, UK
Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, USA
Fernando Pedone, University of Lugano, Switzerland
MariaS. Perez, UPM, Spain
G=FCnther Pernul, University of Regensburg, Germany
Rob Peters, University of Amsterdam, The Neitherland
Thomas Phan, IBM Research, USA
Mario Piattini, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
Makan Pourzandi, Ericsson Canada, Canada
Christopher Price, University of Wales Aberystwyth, UK
Jean-Jacques Quisquater, Universite catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Wenny Rahayu, La Trobe University, Australia
Indrajit Ray, Colorado State University, USA
Domenico Rosaci, University "Mediterranea" of Reggio Calabria, Italy
Heiko Rossnagel, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Bimal Roy, Indian Statistical Institute, India
Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan
Kouichi Sakurai, Kyushu University, Japan
BiplabK. Sarker , University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada
Ingrid Schaum=FCller-Bichl, FH O=D6 Campus Hagenberg, Austria
Stephen L. Scott, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - USA
Dharmaraja Selamuthu, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Tony Shan, Wachovia Bank, USA
Thomas Shrimpton, Portland State University, USA
Richard Sinnott, University of Glasgow, UK
Amund Skavhaug, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Agusti Solanas, Rovira i Virgili University, Spain
Alexander Speirs, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Katarina Stanoevska-Slabeva, University St. Gallen, Switzerland
Ketil St=F8len, SINTEF & University of Oslo, Norway
Aaron Striegel, University of Notre Dame, USA
Peter Struss, Munich University of Technology, Germany
Tsuyoshi Takagi, Future University - Hakodate, Japan
Makoto Takizawa, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
Oliver Theel, University of Oldenburg, Germany
Bj=F6rn Thuresson, KTH Computer Science and Communication, Sweden
A Min Tjoa, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Kishor Trivedi, Duke University, USA
Juan Trujillo, University of Alicante, Spain
Alexander W. Tsow, Indiana University, USA
Tomas Uribe, SRI International, USA
Kalyan Vaidyanathan, Sun Microsystems, USA
Luca Vigano, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Umberto Villano, Universita' del Sannio, Italy
Melanie Volkamer, DFKI - German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence=
,
Germany
Michael Waidner, IBM Software Group, Switzerland
Carine Webber, Universidade de Caxias do Sul, Brazil
Edgar Weippl, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Robert Willison, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Maria Wimmer, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
Matthew Wright, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Qinghan Xiao , Defence R&D Canada, Canada
Liudong Xing, University of Massachusetts, USA
Cheng-Zhong Xu, Wayne State University, USA
Mariemma.I. Yag=FCe, University of Malaga, Spain
Jeff Yan, Newcastle University, UK
Laurence Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
Alec Yasinsac, Florida State University, USA
George Yee, National Research Council, Canada
Sung-Ming Yen, National Central University, Taiwan
Xun Yi, Victoria University, USA
Meng Yu, Monmouth University, USA
William Yurcik, University of Illinois, USA
Nicola Zannone, University of Trento, Italy
Jianhong Zhang, North China University of Technology, China
Liqiang Zhang, Indiana University South Bend, USA
Jianying Zhou, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
Xudong Zhu, Alcatel shangHai Bell Co. LTD., China
Enrico Zio, Polytechnic of Milan, Italy

------=_Part_16411_420090.1160382315241

Apologies for multiple copies due to cross postings. Please send to inte=
rested colleagues and students.

            =
            &nb=
sp; Call for Papers
+---------------------------------------------------=
----------------+
| The Second International Conference on Availability,=
Reliability and Security (AReS)
| ARES 2007 - "The International S=
ecurity and Dependability Conference"

            =
        April 10th =96 April 13th,2007&n=
bsp;
  =
           Vienna Univers=
ity of Technology, Austria

            =
          w.ares-conf.org/">http://www.ares-conf.org
    &=
nbsp;           &nbs=
p;   http://www.ares-c=
onference.eu
+------------------------------------------------------=
-------------+

Conference
-----------
The 1st International Conference on Ava=
ilability, Reliability and Security conference (ARES 2006)
has been suc=
cesfully organized in Vienna, AUSTRIA from April 20 to April 22, 2006 by th=
e Technical=20

University of Vienna in cooperation with the European Network and Secur=
ity Agency (ENISA). We have
attracted 250 participants for this confere=
nce with its 3 keynotes speakers and its 9 workshops held
in conjunctio=
n with.

In continuation of the successful 1st ARES conference, The Second Intern=
ational Conference on Availability,
Reliability and Security ("ARES 200=
7 =96 The International Security and Dependability Conference")
will br=
ing together researchers and practitioners in the area of IT-Security and D=
ependability.

ARES 2007 will highlight the various aspects of security =96 with specia=
l focus on secure internet solutions,
trusted computing, digital forens=
ics, privacy and organizational security issues.

ARES 2007 aims at a full and detailed discussion of the research issues =
of security as an integrative
concept that covers amongst others availa=
bility, safety, confidentiality, integrity, maintainability
and securit=
y in the different fields of applications.

Important Dates
----------------
*  Workshop Proposal: &=
nbsp; September, 10th 2006
*  Submission Deadline: November, 19th =
2006
*  Author Notification: January, 7th 2007
*  Author =
Registration: January, 21st 2007=20

*  Proceedings Version: January, 21st 2007

Workshop Proposal
-----------------
In conjunction with the AReS20=
07 conference, a number of workshops will be organised.
Workshop proposa=
ls which should include the call for papers, the number of papers to be acc=
epted,=20

the contact person, etc. are to be sent to the Workshop Organizing Comm=
ittee (tho@ifs.tuwien.ac.at), <=
br>by September 10th 2006. Proceedings of the ARES 2007 workshops will be p=
ublished by IEEE Computer=20

-----------------=
-----------------------------------
* Process based Security Models and =
Methods
* Autonomous Computing
* Authorization and Authentication=20

* Availability and Reliability
* Common Criteria Protocol
* Cost/=
Benefit Analysis
* Cryptographic protocols
* Dependability Aspects =
for Special Applications (e.g. ERP-Systems, Logistics)
* Dependability =
Aspects of  Electronic Government (e-Government)=20

* Dependability administration
* Dependability in Open Source Softwa=
re
* Designing Business Models with security requirements
* Digital =
Forensics
* E-Commerce Dependability
* Failure Prevention
* IPR of=
Security Technology

* Incident Response and Prevention
* Information Flow Control
*=
[...]

uidelines and Certification=20

* Survivability of Computing Systems
* Temporal Aspects of Dependabi=
lity
* Trusted Computing
* Tools for Dependable System Design and Eva=
luation
* Trust Models and Trust Management
* VOIP/Wireless Security=
=20

Submission Guidelines
----------------------
Authors are invited t=
o submit research and application papers following the IEEE Computer Societ=
y Proceedings
Manuscripts style: two columns, single-spaced, including =
figures and references, using 10 fonts, and number=20

pers/add">http://www.ares-conf.org/confdriver/?q=3Dconfdriver/papers/add

[...]

br>Maria Wimmer, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
[...]

br>David Chadwick, University of Kent, UK
[...]

Javier Garcia-Villalba, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain r>Matthew Gebski, University of New South Wales, Australia