> Any port between 1 and 65000 are known to be bad at least some of the time.
Holy cow! Is this for real? Somebody still asking a question like that?

It feels like a bit that would be posted to celebrate this list's 10th
anniversary or something :-)

But! I think for the outbound access the question borders on making
[some] sense. Yes, the general "block all that are not needed based on
the policy" is still there, but I almost feel that it makes sense to
spell out some of the *especially* ugly ports to watch, kind of like
telnet for inbound 10 years ago ... Or maybe not :-)

Best,
--
Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH, GCFA
http://www.chuvakin.org