--===============1796466834==

--B_3241673108_3023422

New to the list, so hope this has not already been covered numerous times.

I have been asked to move from a restrictive policy of only
allowed/permitted ports are allowed through the Firewall to a permissive
policy of deny known =B3bad=B2 port/protocols and allow all else. Does anyone
have lists, bookmarks or the like to show a list of known =B3bad=B2 ports? I
believe this is a bad idea but need some information to prove how difficult
it will be to manage.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Hinze

--=20
Good judgment comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgment.
Kevin Hinze mailto:kevin.hinze@navigators.org
Intranet Systems Engineer The Navigators

--B_3241673108_3023422

Permissive Firewall Policy

2.0px'>New to the list, so hope this has not already been covered numerous t=
imes.

I have been asked to move from a restrictive policy of only allowed/permitt=
ed ports are allowed through the Firewall to a permissive policy of deny kno=
wn “bad” port/protocols and allow all else.  Does anyone ha=
ve lists, bookmarks or the like to show a list of known “bad” po=

--

Good judgment comes wi=
th experience. Unfortunately, the experience

usually comes from bad judgment.

Kevin Hinze           &nb=
sp;            OLOR=3D"#0000FF">mailto:kevin.h=
inze@navigators.org

Intranet Systems Engineer       &n=
bsp;            =
 The Navigators