Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
>For the last 15 years we've been presented with a constant litany of
>important agencies, sites, and systems that have been hacked into
>because people don't believe that doing security right is practical.

By the way, I'm not saying it _IS_ practical.

That's the point. Sometimes "practical" doesn't enter into the picture.
If your systems need to be secure then it's not a matter of practicality;
they either are secure or they aren't. Actually securing systems is
hard brain-work and is definitely going to affect the user experience
in various inconvenient ways. "So what?"

We've seen where "practical" has gotten us.

mjr.