> The "take whole classes of problems off the table" approach
> is what engineers consider elegance of design. It's that kind
> of elegance that is mostly lacking in how we do operating
> systems and security system design, today.

i suspect there's a metalayer of usefulness here, as well. one could
conceivably *argue* about which starting assumptions were chosen for a
specific application. but the mere fact that the designer can state, in
simple sentences, what the starting assumptions *are* suggests a level of
careful thought that i have never seen in most of the marketing literature
i've read over the years.

if a vendor can't tell me, in buzzword-free yet technically-comprehensible
english, what the problem is that they're trying to solve, it's a fair bet
that i won't be interested. high tech, plain english.

cheers - tbird