nquneH,

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:15:42AM -0400, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Tim Shea wrote:
>
> > And you can equally argue that proxies were never good to begin
> > with. Really - the majority of applications out there have no real

> I've got clients who at least have some benefit from running HTTP through
> a proxy and stopping various MIME types. It's not perfect by any stretch
> of the imagination, but it stops a fair volume of malware/spyware daily.

..and if you strip scripts from untrusted sites, you get rid of most of
malicious XSS and browser attacks, add XML policy filter (properly configured)
and.. you still have tons of ugly uncontrolled stuff but things look not
*that* bad already.

I wonder why there is no opensource XML filter engine. Looks like we
have to develop that one.