--===============1881701960==

--0-658816327-1156118707=:21051

Agreed. I would like to dig little deeper; which aspect of security? What are speciffic threats? What makes VoIP protocol characteristics ideal for these vulnerabilities? What solutions have folks discussed so far?

ArkanoiD wrote:
What about security? Firewall is not a bandwidth management device, but it may
enforce some protocol-level restrictions, which are worth implementing?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 09:58:46AM +0500, sai wrote:
> On 8/14/06, Shahin Ansari wrote:
> >
> > Greetings-
> > Any one has any favorite docos that explains potential shortcoming of
> > popular firewalls out there for VoIP applications? Especially proprietary
> > ones? I do not see why you can not use modular policy framework to address
> > these requirements.
> > Regards-
> > Sean
> >

> voip works well only if it has bandwidth. most commercial firewalls do
> not have bandwidth management features.
>
> sai

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1/min.