--===============1473924466==

--0-1813066239-1155922532=:82175

good point and thank you. I was more looking for a comment on ephemeral port assignment of proprietery protocols. MPF should be able to address this issue as far as I can see.

sai wrote: On 8/14/06, Shahin Ansari wrote:

> Greetings-
> Any one has any favorite docos that explains potential shortcoming of
> popular firewalls out there for VoIP applications? Especially proprietary
> ones? I do not see why you can not use modular policy framework to address
> these requirements.
> Regards-
> Sean

voip works well only if it has bandwidth. most commercial firewalls do
not have bandwidth management features.

sai

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1/min.