Hello Everyone,

I'm a student of university of Computer Science. I'm doing
researches on firewalls (packet filters, statefull firewalls and
application proxies) and doing some tests on netfilter/iptables with
nmap and hping. I have almost no experience using firewalls in a
business context so I have just decided to ask help in this list.
What I need is someone that could tell me which type of tests you do on
your firewalls and that you like too see automated; I mean something
more complex that a simple nmap scan, something that is possible to do
only with a deticated c software or with a crafted packet generator.
I'm interested in tests for any time of the firewalls written above.
Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Strabla Ruggero