I've setup the PIX/ASA in 7.X to forward mcast. seems to work okay.
thats a pretty wide range of speeds, though - from 10Mbps to 1Gbps.

On 8/1/06, Bob Arthurs wrote:
> hello
>
> my company is going to build three new data centers and we are considering
> what type of firewalls to put in. i need some advice, and any help is very
> much appreciated...
>
> The firewalls need to be able to forward quite high volumes of mulitcast and
> interact with **PIM router** (cisco router). Traffic volumes are at least
> 10s of Mbps (including unicast traffic), maybe 100s, maybe 1Gbps!
>
> Previously we have used Nokia firewalls, but we want to know what people are
> choosing thes days for data center/multicast:
>
> should be go with Checkpoint, Cisco, other....
>
> do we need Checkpoint Secure Platform / Secure Platform Pro?
>
> do we need Checkpoint on Crossbeam or other appliance?
>
> any special considerations for PIM / Multicast?
>
> what are the alternatives, when are they used, and what are their pros/cons.
>

> Thankyou very much in advance....

Pete Capelli pcapelli@ieee.org
http://www.capelli.org PGP Key ID:0x829263B6
"Those who would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither
liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759