On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Mike Powell wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas for blocking Google's new Google Talk client
> without blocking the Google web site? The IP addresses that the Talk

As usual, it's always good to start at the source...

From: Google Team

Thank you for contacting the Google Talk Team. We understand that it is
sometimes necessary to disable instant messaging services on a network. If
you need to disable Google Talk on your network, we suggest blocking DNS
lookups to talk.google.com, by returning

If we can be of further assistance, please respond to this message and a
member of the Google Talk Team will respond to you shortly.

The Google Team

Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
paul@compuwar.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
http://fora.compuwar.net Infosec discussion boards

firewall-wizards mailing list