--===============0087634254==

------=_Part_65094_4794490.1150711984147

Hi Charles,

Not entirely the same, but I've recently upgraded a 535 to version 7. I've
just checked the release notes, and they say that it is possible to install
version 7 for a 515, with the following requirements:

Min. Software Requirements: PIX version 6.2. If running on a version prior
to 6.2, you must first upgrade to 6.2 before upgrading to version 7.
Min. Memory: 64MB for Restricted (R) licence. 128MB for Unrestricted (UR) o=
Failover (FO) licences. I think the 515 (by default) had 32MB for R
licences, and 64MB for UR and FO, so you may need to upgrade here.

Everything else should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
James

James Burns
Network & Security Advisor
University of Sunderland

On 17/06/06, Charles Norton wrote:

> I have noticed that Cisco shows up to a version 7.2(1) version now of th=

> IOS for the PIX 515 and a corresponding 5.2(1) of the ASDM.
>

> Without a CCO I cannot get into their site to verify this and to grab the
> newest updates if they exist =96 anyone have any idea about this?
>

> Anyone used those versions before on the PIX 515?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Charles

------=_Part_65094_4794490.1150711984147

Hi Charles,

Not entirely the same, but I've recently upgraded a 535 =
to version 7. I've just checked the release notes, and they say that it is =
possible to install version 7 for a 515, with the following requirements:

Min. Software Requirements: PIX version 6.2. If running on a versio=
n prior to 6.2, you must first upgrade to 6.2 before upgrading to version 7=
..
Min. Memory: 64MB for Restricted (R) licence. 128MB for Unrestricted (=
UR) or Failover (FO) licences. I think the 515 (by default) had 32MB for R =
licences, and 64MB for UR and FO, so you may need to upgrade here.

Everything else should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Kind reg=
ards,
James

James Burns
Network & Security Advisor
Univ=
ersity of Sunderland

On 17/06/06,=
=20
Charles Norton < ton@centralnervous.com">cnorton@centralnervous.com> wrote:
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204=
, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

ily: Arial;">I have noticed that Cisco shows up to a version 7.2(1)
version now of the IOS for the PIX 515 and a corresponding 5.2(1) of the AS=
DM.

ily: Arial;">

ily: Arial;">Without a CCO I cannot get into their site to verify this
and to grab the newest updates if they exist =96 anyone have any idea about
this?

ily: Arial;">

ily: Arial;">Anyone used those versions before on the PIX 515?

ily: Arial;">

ily: Arial;">

ily: Arial;">Thanks,

ily: Arial;">Charles