Johann_van_Duyn@bat.com wrote:
> Leave it to the pros, man...
>
> Don't muck about with Symantec (or any other) firewalls if you don't know
> what you're doing... rather get an experienced Symantec firewall
> administrator or "engineer" to help you do it. [ ... ]

Thanks for the advice. I really don't know what I'm doing here, and I
don't know how much the network administrator who's using it knows.
What I do know is that we need Subversion working in the next several
business days, and it looks as though firewall configuration is the
current issue. I will ask if they have a good support level.

> Anyway, if the customer is running SGS 2.x on their 5400 series
> product, they really should upgrade to 3.x with the latest patches.
> This also is best left to the professionals.

Again, all I know is that he said is was a Symantec 5400. I personally
don't know if that represents hardware, software, or some combination of
the two. Maybe it's best left to the pros. I know that he manages it
through some Java Webstart application.

Thanks for your help,

-- Scott