On 6/15/06, Brian Loe wrote:
> I've got a few scripts from others on this list that I'll be using for
> everything - just wondering if anyone here has experience with the
> tunnel monitoring part?

I use 'syslog-ng' to receive, classify, write, and forward events.
Filters in syslog-ng.conf can use regular expressions to catch the
message generated when a tunnel goes up or down, and write selected
messages to a file, a pipe, or execute a command.

Regarding tunnel monitoring, even though we have logging of events
from the tunnel router, we also use a monitoring tool (AutoStatus) to
alert when devices and services are unreachable.

Kevin