--===============0105362366==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C68970.ADD8F1F9

=20

Hello everyone, I apologize if this is a question that has been answered
previously (this is my first time joining the list, and posting to it as
well) - I looked through some of the archives and couldn't find anything
that addressed it (or maybe its likely that I don't know how to properly
describe the issue).

=20

=20

I have a Cisco Pix 515 UR, with PIX 7.04 OS and ASDM 5.04 (the newest of
both). - I had my friend help me setup the box at his datacenter and for
the most part its been working, except I realized recently once we moved
all the servers behind it (they're all Virtual Machines running on a
single box - which should be irrelevant I suppose) the machines were
then unable to communicate with each other using their public IP #'s.

=20

Where this became obvious is that, I have 2 SMTP servers, one Exchange
server and another is part of Plesk Hosting panel - when users on one
system email users on another - they're using the @whatever.com domain
name, which can't be resolved because those servers can't communicate on
the public equivalents of what has been NAT'd to the private network
which resides on 10.0.1.x

=20

A good way to describe is - if I go on a machine, it has IP of 10.0.1.23
(internal) which is NAT'd to an external IP of 38.118.71.83 (outside) -
coming from the general Internet, if I hit that IP #, I would get a ping
back, as well as a connection to the web server on there. - If I try to
do the same FROM that machine, or from any other machine on the PIX, it
can't find the route to connect.

=20

Does this make sense?

=20

Can anyone maybe offer any advice or guidance in the matter?

=20

If anyone might be able to lend some assistance I would be most
grateful.

=20

Thank you,

Charles

=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C68970.ADD8F1F9

=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hello everyone, I apologize if this is a question =
that has
been answered previously (this is my first time joining the list, and =
posting
to it as well) – I looked through some of the archives and =
couldn’t
find anything that addressed it (or maybe its likely that I don’t =
know
how to properly describe the issue).>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I have a Cisco Pix 515 UR, with PIX 7.04 OS and ASDM =
5.04
(the newest of both). – I had my friend help me setup the box at =
his datacenter
and for the most part its been working, except I realized recently once =
we
moved all the servers behind it (they’re all Virtual Machines =
running on
a single box – which should be irrelevant I suppose) the machines =
were
then unable to communicate with each other using their public IP =
#’s.>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Where this became obvious is that, I have 2 SMTP =
servers,
one Exchange server and another is part of Plesk Hosting panel – =
when users
on one system email users on another – they’re using the
@whatever.com domain name, which can’t be resolved because those =
servers
can’t communicate on the public equivalents of what has been =
NAT’d
to the private network which resides on =
10.0.1.x>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>A good way to describe is – if I go on a =
machine, it
has IP of 10.0.1.23 (internal) which is NAT’d to an external IP of
38.118.71.83 (outside) – coming from the general Internet, if I =
hit that
IP #, I would get a ping back, as well as a connection to the web server =
on
there. – If I try to do the same FROM that machine, or from any =
other
machine on the PIX, it can’t find the route to =
connect.>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Does this make sense?>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Can anyone maybe offer any advice or guidance in the =
matter?>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>If anyone might be able to lend some assistance I =
would be
most grateful.>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>