nuqneH,

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 08:24:17PM -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

> My guess is that that VCs would split a rib laughing if someone came
> to them with a business plan for a new firewall company.

Damn sure. And maybe that's why we have nothing like "Gauntlet on steroids"
(flexible, expandable and supported with development team who is willing
to help to integrate it with any customer application) these days, though
there definitely *is* some niche market demand for it.

We are lucky XML firewalls became reality, thanks to people who made those.

There is *NO* firewall with reasonable IMAP proxy implementation! No one at
all!

And when i try to tell someone i am firewall developer, they usually think
it is another stupid linux-based packet filter hacked together with bunch
of freeware tools hiding its incredible uglyness behind the web interface.
Even before i tell a word. Just because everyone does that and main competition
is to make it cheaper.