There's a number of sites that provide Dynamic DNS for situations just
like yours. However, I would contact your local broadband ISPs first
and see if they have a business class solution, or just flat out ask
if you can pay extra for a static IP. I ended up going with Speakeasy
for my home broadband for exactly that reason. Also, something to
consider, when you do pick a broadband provider, find out what ports
they block. I know there was a recent flap in my area because Comcast,
in their infinite wisdom, decided to not just block things like port
80/443/21 inbound, but also SSH and some of the ports things like
OpenVPN use. Obviously, with some trial and error you can pick an
inbound port they arent filtering on, but for f**ks sake, they should
just let you use your broadband for what you want to do with it.

On 4/7/06, Jim Seymour wrote:

> "Paul D. Robertson" wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Michael wrote:
> >
> > > How do I access my server through my firewall with a sourced dynamic =

IP
> > > address????

> > 1. Open the firewall.
> > 2. Get on 6bone if your firewall supports IPv6 and get a block of
> > addresses, use a v4-v6 gateway and statically assign a v6 address.
> > 3. Use a proxy at a fixed address- such as a VPS at a hosting provider=

..