.. . . .Here's my situation:

We're currently spec'ing functional requirements for a new web-based
implementation of a number of enterprise apps. One obvious problem is
the firewall system: it needs to be both load-balancing and
high-availability, AND scalable. We're still getting a feel for
potential traffic, but we expect to have a requirement for in-line
expansion of the system while remaining online.

One of the obvious candidates is the Nortel Alteon platform, but that
also limits us to FW-1. We're nowhere close to downselect on a
platform or a firewall, but I'm looking for alternative platforms to
start getting info on, so we can make sure the requirements we develop
can actually be IMPLEMENTED in reality. . .

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. . . .