On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Avishai Wool wrote:

> Paul didn't say where he got that tidbit from (and 87.3% of all statistics
> are made up anyway :-) but if you want some hard numbers to back up
> the spirit of his claim, you can check out:

I don't have a direct citation, and since I haven't seen the data behind
the study, I'm hesitant to go too far with citations, but I've been doing
this for a while, and it pretty-much matches with my experiences in the
field, if it's not a little too rosy a picture.

> http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~yash/computer2004.pdf

Excellent, some real data- which seems to back up both the study I had in
mind as well as my direct experience. Frightening, but it should be
required reading (and as an industry, we really need a mechanism to do
wider-scale studies such as this.)

Thanks,

Paul