I have a question about that. We too have two ISPs. When introduced to
our network here they explained that the one ISP provided a route to
the other for redundancy. I had questions, but I didn't question him.
The two internet routers are configured with HSRP addresses to talk to
the PIX.

However, now that I've set up CACTI on a box here and pointed it at
our outside interfaces it's obvious that they're definately NOT doing
any kind of load balancing for our connection and ONLY serving as what
we hope is a redundant link. Now my questions are: since our public IP
addresses are going to be routed to the primary ISP first, is it even
possible to span both connections? Does this setup only work for
failover? Finally, and maybe I'm just not thinking this through
enough, since the secondary link does show some traffic out, how do
those connections make it back? If they go out the secondary router
they'll be headed back in the primary wouldn't they?

I know very little to nothing at all about HSRP, just so you all know.