Thus spake ( on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:12:58PM -0400:
> What about when IPv6 becomes predominant on the net?

I wouldn't worry about this too much for businesses in the US.

> Am I mistaken that there doesn't seem to be any concept of NAT in the IPv6
> specs?

The idea of ipng was to learn from our mistakes.

However, either 1) NAT for ipv6 will be created, 2) PI address space becomes
a reality, or 3) an elegant to deal with hosts w/ multiple addresses bound to
an interface. Any of those is a long ways off at this point.

You may be interested in reading:

Dale W. Carder - Network Engineer
University of Wisconsin at Madison
firewall-wizards mailing list