From: "Paul D. Robertson"

> We just moved to a VoIP system and the 911 calls are routed through them

but
> with our address and number shown as the source. Part of the approval
> process is us actually calling 911 with a test call and validating what

they
> see.

But are your calls routed to a national center for your VIOP provider with
their tracking info, or directly to your local municipal E911 center?

As far as I recall, the VoIP providers were all doing it to their own call
centers if they were doing it at all.

>>Good question. I know they are doing something because we won't be
>>accepting the system until I can call 911 and they
>>have the right info. I assume it's to their center and from their
>>to our local 911 office.

> In reference to previous posts on security, this company is addressing

that
> by us using a dedicated t1 through their offices. This way they control

the
> connection from our phone eventually to a POTS connection. This seems

like a
> decent idea for keeping folks who are not customers from disrupting the
> system but I'm a little worried about those who are customers.

If you're still paying for a T-1, then I assume your savings are all local
loop and potentially IXC charges?