On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Michael H wrote:

> We just moved to a VoIP system and the 911 calls are routed through them but
> with our address and number shown as the source. Part of the approval
> process is us actually calling 911 with a test call and validating what they
> see.

But are your calls routed to a national center for your VIOP provider with
their tracking info, or directly to your local municipal E911 center?

As far as I recall, the VoIP providers were all doing it to their own call
centers if they were doing it at all.

> In reference to previous posts on security, this company is addressing that
> by us using a dedicated t1 through their offices. This way they control the
> connection from our phone eventually to a POTS connection. This seems like a
> decent idea for keeping folks who are not customers from disrupting the
> system but I'm a little worried about those who are customers.

If you're still paying for a T-1, then I assume your savings are all local
loop and potentially IXC charges?

Paul