I have seen lots of views on this subject, and if your security is good,
the chances of any of these
attacks getting in are minimal, but the possibility is there, and, since
these are not customers viewing
our home pages, but deliberate attempts at a login through ssh where
they have no business trying to l
login in the first place (many of them attempts at root) they are only
interested in breaking in for
whatever purpose, who knows. Maybe just for the challenge? Maybe to
hijack your box? Maybe ID theft?