On Jun 4, 2005, at 10:19 AM, slytle wrote:
> I am trying to hook up a mac running OSX 10.3.9 to the DMZ on our
> PIX Firewall. When I put in any internal 10. IP address, the Mac
> warns me that this IP address is in use by another device with the
> MAC Address of the firewall. It does this with multiple machines,
> multiple IP addresses, and OS9. It does not happen with Windows.
> I'm totally lost. Any ideas?

MacOS X tries pretty hard to make sure that it doesn't claim an IP
which is in use. Maybe the PIX is getting confused by the ARP check
and responding when it shouldn't?

Run "tcpdump -en" on the Mac, then try to set the IP address again.
That should tell you what's going on, although if you need help in
the fine art of understanding tcpdump's output, put that information
somewhere and we can take a look...

--
-Chuck