On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, slytle wrote:

> I'm new to this list and have a strange problem. I tried this about 2
> years ago and switched to Windows because I couldn't fix it, but
> wanted top give it another try.

That's a heck of a reason to switch OS's!

> I am trying to hook up a mac running OSX 10.3.9 to the DMZ on our PIX
> Firewall. When I put in any internal 10. IP address, the Mac warns me
> that this IP address is in use by another device with the MAC Address
> of the firewall. It does this with multiple machines, multiple IP
> addresses, and OS9. It does not happen with Windows. I'm totally
> lost. Any ideas?

Run a sniffer like Ethereal and see what's happening. Likely though, you
have something like proxy ARP set on the PIX and it's answering for any
address.

My Powerbook's been behind properly configured PIXen and worked just fine-
so I'd suspect the PIX config.

Paul