It sounds like you would completely and solely trust ISA to protect OWA
and your entire internal network.

In #2 if either the ISA or OWA server is compromised, wouldn't the
back-end firewall limit the potential damage that could be done to the
Internal Network? ACLs would dictate which of those AD ports would be
allowed open and to specific, hardened, back-end servers.

In #1, a single exploit against OWA (ignoring any protection ISA may
provide which would be available in both scenarios) would allow an
attacker free reign to target anything internally without restriction.