In a somewhat ironic twist of fate,

I was searching on google to try to see what risk management perhaps
had to say about identity theft. (more specifically what types of
financial incentive I might be able to apply to protecting our
organization, to free up funds)

I came up with this... 4th down in the list on google.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/riskmanagement/

Which is one of the companies which got me alarmed in the first place

(it is not a direct correlation, but I thought it was worth a chuckle)

Jim