From: firewall-wizards-admin@honor.icsalabs.com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-admin@honor.icsalabs.com] On Behalf Of Barney Wolff
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:01 PM
To: Marcus J. Ranum
Cc: Ben Nagy; jimmy@chickenhollow.net; firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Hopefully not too OT

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 06:10:41PM -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

> What disturbs me most is that whenever you say the words
> "trusted computing" in some environments, people's minds
> shut down and they start saying "NO! We don't want to go
> there!" -- the same people who, seconds before, were
> listing the requirements for their next-generation computer
> systems and were basically saying they needed trusted
> computing platforms.

It all depends on whose requirements are being met. I'm happy about
trusted computing if my own requirements are met. Much less happy
if it's somebody else's, who did not pay for my computer.

--
Barney Wolff http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I never met a computer I didn't like.

-------------------------
The information contained in this email is confidential and may also contain
privileged information. Sender does not waive confidentiality or legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
immediately; you should not retain this message or disclose its content to
anyone.
Internet communications are not secure or error free and the sender does not
accept any liability for the content of the email. Although emails are
routinely screened for viruses, the sender does not accept responsibility
for any damage caused. Replies to this email may be monitored.
For more information about the Collins Stewart Tullett group of companies
please visit the following web site: www.cstplc.com