From: on behalf of Paul D. =
Sent: Thu 4/14/2005 10:07 AM
To: Foley, Denys
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Biometrics

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Foley, Denys wrote:

> The newer better-fingerprint readers also make sure that the finger is
> alive and warm - still attached to its original host. Check the specs
> !!!!

1. That doesn't matter if the attacker thinks they can get around it, =
cost to the attacker is relatively low, the cost to the defender
relatively high.

2. Small source of heat (i.e. aquarium heater,) mini-headphones and a
playback device. Low cost to the attacker.

Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal =
opinions which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
firewall-wizards mailing list

firewall-wizards mailing list