On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 00:02 +0530, Devdas Bhagat wrote:
> > The implementation doesn't matter if the attacker set believes that they
> > can breach the system. For instance, if a rumor starts that iris scanners
> > in ATMs open up if you pop out an eyeball and hold it on the end of a pen,
> > there will be a bunch of one-eyed victims running around _even if the
> > premise is untrue_.

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4396831.stm
> Anyone feel like continuing to use or recommend biometrics?
> I would *much* rather be safe.
> Devdas Bhagat

All I can say is that my life is worth much more than a car. Forget the
complicated, high-tech protection mechanism--if somebody is willing to
kill or maim me to steal my car, I'll happily open it and give them the
keys. I'd rather have a good insurance policy than biometric protection
on something like that.

@@ron Smith
Network Operations
Brigham Young University Idaho