Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. New Proxy SITES

  2. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1191686569.108108.251240@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups. com>,
    extreme90@gmail.com says...
    > New Proxy SITES
    >
    > http://unblock202.info
    > http://unblock04.uni.cc

    Still doesn't work from any of our networks or customers network. Face
    it, proxy sites are a joke if your security is properly setup.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  3. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 7, 7:08 am, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1191686569.108108.251...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups. com>,
    > extrem...@gmail.com says...
    >
    > > New Proxy SITES

    > >http://unblock202.info
    > >http://unblock04.uni.cc

    > Still doesn't work from any of our networks or customers network. Face
    > it, proxy sites are a joke if your security is properly setup.

    Well, I sometimes see HUNDREDS of connections a day to my web site
    coming from various phpProxy installations around the world. There are
    THOUSANDS of these sites around the world, and trying to stop them ALL
    is like playing whack-a-mole, unless you buy this new hardware
    security appliance from 8e6 technologies. One of the developers of the
    devices has said that it is the ONLY product on the market that can
    stop ALL access to phpProxy. If you, or your customers are using this
    device, then, yes, all phpProxy sites can be stopped, but if not,
    there are a LOT of such sites that will have them becuase your
    filtering vendor is not likely to have to sites in their database for
    quite a while.

    For example, I have a connection right now, as I write this, to my
    online radio station, that I almost certain is coming from my figure
    skater friend in Russia, who listens to my station, from work, when
    she is out competing/touring on the figure skating circuit. She
    bounces off proxies all over the world, and her employer in Moscow has
    NO CLUE as to what she is up to. When I have chatted with her, on IRC,
    I have seen her bounce off open proxies in a number of countries
    worldwide, but mostly in Iran and China. Her boss will know she is
    connecting to strange IPs all over the globe, but wont know WHERE she
    is going to. I am in Finland right now to cover a figure skating event
    later on this week, and my logs have been showing connections from
    strange addresses all morning, so that is almost certainly her
    connecting to me from her work PC, via proxies all over the world.

  4. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1191922991.668804.3330@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, chilly8
    @hotmail.com says...
    > Well, I sometimes see HUNDREDS of connections a day to my web site
    > coming from various phpProxy installations around the world.

    And it just shows that many network admins are not properly securing
    their networks, that's all.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  5. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 9, 3:24 am, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1191922991.668804.3...@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, chilly8
    > @hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > Well, I sometimes see HUNDREDS of connections a day to my web site
    > > coming from various phpProxy installations around the world.

    > And it just shows that many network admins are not properly securing
    > their networks, that's all.

    Becuase I am in Finland to cover the Finlandia Trophy figure skating
    competition at the weekend, my online political talk show I do as
    well, is on at a different time, and I had one guy at work in
    Conneticut tune into my show. To get to my show, he connected to his
    home cable modem on Comcast, and then listened to my show via his home
    machine, using an encrypted tunnel, so the boss won't be able to find
    out what he was up to. One connected to his home machine, he simply
    clicked on one of the feeds for my show and began listening.

    Also, he was gabbing with me for approx 23 minutes on my show, and
    since I called him (partly becuase its often cheaper for me to call
    the other person using Skype, then the other way around), there is no
    POSSIBLE way to know that he was gabbing with me on my political talk
    show for 23 minues. The call logs will show "0000123456" in the caller
    logs, which is what Skype sends to all caller-ID boxes, so there will
    be no POSSIBLE way the boss will know that someone from a talk show
    called directly to his desk.

  6. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1191945349.205383.19930@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.co m>,
    chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > To get to my show, he connected to his
    > home cable modem on Comcast, and then listened to my show via his home
    > machine, using an encrypted tunnel, so the boss won't be able to find
    > out what he was up to. One connected to his home machine, he simply
    > clicked on one of the feeds for my show and began listening.

    So, he setup an encrypted tunnel between his work computer and his home
    computer, then from his home computer he connected to your hack site.

    Two problems:

    1) Tunnel out of work to anywhere - easy to spot in seconds

    2) Traffic - easy to spot in seconds

    3) Destination - no reason for work users to connect to their home
    computers - spot this in seconds.

    So, again, and again, and 100x more, on a properly secured network,
    there is NO ACCESS TO YOUR CRAP.

    Anyone that would allow tunnels out of their network to unknown
    locations has not secured their network - and it's still easy to spot in
    seconds.

    So, if the Boss catches on or there is a log, the person could be fired
    or other.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  7. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 9, 12:26 pm, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1191945349.205383.19...@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.co m>,
    > chil...@hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > To get to my show, he connected to his
    > > home cable modem on Comcast, and then listened to my show via his home
    > > machine, using an encrypted tunnel, so the boss won't be able to find
    > > out what he was up to. One connected to his home machine, he simply
    > > clicked on one of the feeds for my show and began listening.

    > So, he setup an encrypted tunnel between his work computer and his home
    > computer, then from his home computer he connected to your hack site.
    >
    > Two problems:
    >
    > 1) Tunnel out of work to anywhere - easy to spot in seconds
    >
    > 2) Traffic - easy to spot in seconds
    >
    > 3) Destination - no reason for work users to connect to their home
    > computers - spot this in seconds.
    >
    > So, again, and again, and 100x more, on a properly secured network,
    > there is NO ACCESS TO YOUR CRAP.
    >
    > Anyone that would allow tunnels out of their network to unknown
    > locations has not secured their network - and it's still easy to spot in
    > seconds.

    Actually, a lot of workplaces, as I have said, can get my station
    WITHOUT having to resort to proxies or other workarounds, because of
    the fact that I assign one of my subdomains to the IP address
    currently assigned to my station, and this dupes filtering software
    all over the world into allowing my station through, even if the rest
    of the Live 365 is blocked, becuase the IP lookup for that IP will
    show my domain, instead of Live365.com

    That being said, there are people in the expatriate American community
    in Guatemala tuning in to me now. I have a connection right now coming
    from a corporate network in Guatemala city. All the listener has to
    do, before coming to work, is use any one of traffic monitoring tools
    you can download from the net to monitor your connections and find the
    connection to my station, then jot down the IP and port, and then when
    that person gets to work, open up Windows Media Player and then enter
    that IP and port in the form of a URL, and click play, and they are
    good to go. This is how at least one American expatriate living in
    Guatemala is doing this, and bypassing his Guatemalan employer's
    filtering of Live 365. Since I do the work of tripping up the filters,
    there is no technical knowledge of proxies of circumvention tools
    needed on the part of the listener. Just get the IP and port for my
    station, like I said, and then launch the stream from Windows Media
    Player when they get to work. I have done all the circumvention work
    for them, with my IP lookup trick that freaks out filtering software
    all over the world, so its just "plug and play", as it were, on the
    part of the listener, and they are good to go.

    And I am getting into the time of year, when listenership to my
    station goes through the roof when I will start brodcasting Christmas
    music at the end of October and do that all the way through Christmas.
    I do things like my IP lookup trick, becuase I am NOT going to allow
    the Chrstmas music that I play to be blocked by a bunch of Scrooges in
    IT departments all over the world. As far as I am converned that is NO
    REASON WHATSOEVER to block Christmas music, which I will begin playing
    in ernest in just 29 more days, and we will be using EVERY counter-
    measure at our disposal to make sure that does NOT happen. I have
    already set up an open proxy on my machine, but configured it where it
    can ONLY access Live 365 feeds. This is done to keep spammers and
    other nefarious types from running up my bandwidth bill, sending
    thousands of spam Emails at one time, so all someone at work will have
    to do, when all else fails, is just point either their browser, or
    Windows meida player to my server, go to Live 365, punch up my
    station, and they are good to go. They will know that someone made a
    connection to a data centre in Culicacan, Mexico, where I have my
    server colocated now, but wont be able to determine much beyond that,
    all the logs will show is a connection to an address down Mexico way..

  8. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192053637.923367.310930@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > They will know that someone made a
    > connection to a data centre in Culicacan, Mexico, where I have my
    > server colocated now, but wont be able to determine much beyond that,
    > all the logs will show is a connection to an address down Mexico way..

    And how many businesses have a valid business case to connect to that
    location - NONE.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  9. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 10, 4:13 pm, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1192053637.923367.310...@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    > chil...@hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > They will know that someone made a
    > > connection to a data centre in Culicacan, Mexico, where I have my
    > > server colocated now, but wont be able to determine much beyond that,
    > > all the logs will show is a connection to an address down Mexico way..

    > And how many businesses have a valid business case to connect to that
    > location - NONE.

    Well, I feel when it comes to blocking CHRISTMAS music, I consider any
    IT Admin that would block Christmas music to be a SCROOGE, and I urge
    any all all online stations planning on carrying Christmas music to
    take every counter measure you POSSIBLY CAN to help people avoid the
    blocking, during the upcoming Christmas holidays season. My station is
    already taking EVERY countermeasure we can, to minimise the impact of
    blocking, and if some SCROOGE in a company IT department does not like
    it, I say TOUGH NOOGIES.

  10. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192062055.886772.5530@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, chilly8
    @hotmail.com says...

    > On Oct 10, 4:13 pm, Leythos wrote:
    > > In article <1192053637.923367.310...@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    > > chil...@hotmail.com says...
    > >
    > > > They will know that someone made a
    > > > connection to a data centre in Culicacan, Mexico, where I have my
    > > > server colocated now, but wont be able to determine much beyond that,
    > > > all the logs will show is a connection to an address down Mexico way..

    > > And how many businesses have a valid business case to connect to that
    > > location - NONE.

    > Well, I feel when it comes to blocking CHRISTMAS music, I consider any
    > IT Admin that would block Christmas music to be a SCROOGE, and I urge
    > any all all online stations planning on carrying Christmas music to
    > take every counter measure you POSSIBLY CAN to help people avoid the
    > blocking, during the upcoming Christmas holidays season. My station is
    > already taking EVERY countermeasure we can, to minimise the impact of
    > blocking, and if some SCROOGE in a company IT department does not like
    > it, I say TOUGH NOOGIES.

    And that just shows how unethical you are. How about the person that
    can't do their work in a timely manner because some 11 idiots don't see
    a problems with all of them streaming music to their individual PC's, so
    now they have to work extra hours and miss out on the Christmas spirit.

    Your site, as well as all non-approved sites, are blocked with a
    properly secured network, and while you don't like it, it's the way it
    is in the real world where networks are properly locked down.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  11. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 10, 3:00 pm, chil...@hotmail.com wrote:

    > That being said, there are people in the expatriate American community
    > in Guatemala tuning in to me now. I have a connection right now coming
    > from a corporate network in Guatemala city. All the listener has to
    > do, before coming to work, is use any one of traffic monitoring tools
    > you can download from the net to monitor your connections and find the
    > connection to my station, then jot down the IP and port, and then when
    > that person gets to work, open up Windows Media Player and then enter
    > that IP and port in the form of a URL, and click play, and they are
    > good to go. This is how at least one American expatriate living in
    > Guatemala is doing this, and bypassing his Guatemalan employer's
    > filtering of Live 365. Since I do the work of tripping up the filters,
    > there is no technical knowledge of proxies of circumvention tools
    > needed on the part of the listener. Just get the IP and port for my
    > station, like I said, and then launch the stream from Windows Media
    > Player when they get to work. I have done all the circumvention work
    > for them, with my IP lookup trick that freaks out filtering software
    > all over the world, so its just "plug and play", as it were, on the
    > part of the listener, and they are good to go.

    Thee is one Israeli company where this works at. At both their Tel
    Aviv offices, and there offices in Deleware, I am seeing people crom
    there tuning into my radio station during the respective workdays
    there. From there Delware offices, people are able bypass filtering
    becuase of what I did with the IP assigned to my station, and then
    when the workday starts in Tel Aviv, I see people tuning in. I had
    someone from the Tel Aviv offices in one of my chat rooms very
    appreciative of what I do, so she can listen to many of her favourite
    80s and 90s tunes all day long, and the company filtering system fails
    to block it. She just gets the IP address currnently being used in the
    morning, before she goes to work, jots that down, and then when she
    gets to work, just enters that address into Windows Media Player, and
    she is good to go for the rest of the day. While she is working, she
    has her favourite music from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today (when we are
    not doing any live sports or talk programming) on all day long. I just
    simply told her what software tools to use on her home computer to get
    the IP and port my station is using, and to be sure to set Windows
    Media Player to HTTP-only and then just enter the IP and port she
    jotted down, and, viola!!, she has my station playing in seconds, and
    her company's filtering software does not detect it as a banned site,
    becuase of the way that she does this.

  12. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192099910.172283.8220@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, chilly8
    @hotmail.com says...
    > She just gets the IP address currnently being used in the
    > morning, before she goes to work, jots that down, and then when she
    > gets to work, just enters that address into Windows Media Player,

    And in a properly secured network she would not be able to connect to
    it.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  13. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 11, 4:13 am, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1192099910.172283.8...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, chilly8
    > @hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > She just gets the IP address currnently being used in the
    > > morning, before she goes to work, jots that down, and then when she
    > > gets to work, just enters that address into Windows Media Player,

    > And in a properly secured network she would not be able to connect to
    > it.

    However, the vast majority of IT admins are totally reliant on the
    various major filtering products
    (WebWasher,Websense,SurfControl,Sentian,etc), becuase they just want
    to set it and forget it. With these products, you just install the
    software on your server, configure the categories of content you want
    filtered, and thats it, no muss, no fuss. There is a entire generation
    of IT admins, especially the younger ones, that want to take the easy
    way out and use filtering software, but its more convenient to install
    the software, configure the categories and list updates, and be done
    with it. With the younger crowd, convenience is the name of the game.
    I am merely playing on the one weakness that these filtering products
    have with lookups on raw IP numbers, by assigning one of my subdomains
    to the IP currently assigned to my station by Live 365.

    I actually hold a Bachelors in IT, and I am going on what I was taught
    when I was in college earlier in this decade. We were taught to be
    totally reliant on software-based filtering solutions. When I had an
    assignment to set up a filtering system, I had to use one of the major
    filtering software vendors of the time. College graduates in IT, at
    least since the early part of this decade, have become reliant on
    software solutions, becuase of what they were taught in college. Any
    recent college graduates you hire will also be of the same mindset. We
    hade to install a WIndows NT setup, using either Bess, X-Stop, or
    SuperScout (The major business filtering software titles of the time).
    That is the way they do it in more colleges than you think. So any
    recent graduates you hire will be reliant on the various software
    filtering products on the market.

    I KNOW how these programs work, since I worked on a few of them as
    part of coursework in college. I KNOW how to fool the filters with my
    IP lookup trick, so I know more about computers than you might think.
    I am simply exploiting the one weakness in these products, regarding
    IP lookups to generate more listeners (and more revenue) for my radio
    station.

  14. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192102476.194029.30320@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.co m>,
    chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > However, the vast majority of IT admins are totally reliant on the
    > various major filtering products

    No, they just take that as a easy way to block SOME access to unapproved
    sites.

    If they adopt the idea that there is NO ACCESS until proven a business
    need, they will never be able to connect to your crap. A secure network
    denies ALL ACCESS until proven to be needed by the business.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  15. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 11, 4:55 am, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1192102476.194029.30...@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.co m>,
    > chil...@hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > However, the vast majority of IT admins are totally reliant on the
    > > various major filtering products

    > No, they just take that as a easy way to block SOME access to unapproved
    > sites.

    Well, the younger generations want the machines to do all the work for
    them. And that mentality starts in the early years, as children become
    reliant on computers to do their homework. They just don't want to do
    anything by hand, and I can't blame the parents for allowing that.
    Let's just say that I am not exactly any spring chicken anymore, and
    in the early and mid 80s, before computers became more common, and I
    had to write 13 book reports and 2 term papers, by hand, in the 7th
    grade, all doing homework by hand did for me was turn me into an
    impatient short-tempered jerk, becuase I quickly lost the patience for
    doing anything by hand, because I lost the patience for doing things
    over again. This is why I don't blame today's parents for allowing
    their children to become reliant on computers to do their work for
    them. I'd rather see that, then see kids become a nation of short-
    tempered hot-headed impatient jerks, like doing homework by hand in
    the early 80s, did for me. I do believe that all making children do
    schoolwork by hand will do for them is turn them into impatient short-
    tempered jerks, like it did for me. It is because of this that I don't
    blame today's parents for letting their children become reliant on
    computers, calculators, and the like to do schoolwork for them, better
    that than see them become impatient jerks.

    Becuase of this mentality that is becoming ingrained early in
    children, you will have more graduates entering the IT field in the
    next 10 to 20 years that will only know how to set up software and let
    the machines do the work for them, and not have the patience to do
    anything by hand. It is just something that the older folk, like you,
    will have to learn to deal with.

    > If they adopt the idea that there is NO ACCESS until proven a business
    > need, they will never be able to connect to your crap. A secure network
    > denies ALL ACCESS until proven to be needed by the business.

    Unless Webwasher, Sentian, Wensense, etc, offer this option, not to
    many shops will be adopting this, becuase of younger IT admins that
    are totally reliant on machines to do work for them. CyBlock offers
    that option now, but at a cost of $795 per year for every 10 machines
    connecting to the server, I dont see too many shops adopting this
    approach very soon.

  16. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192105893.818448.33410@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.c om>,
    chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > > If they adopt the idea that there is NO ACCESS until proven a business
    > > need, they will never be able to connect to your crap. A secure network
    > > denies ALL ACCESS until proven to be needed by the business.

    > Unless Webwasher, Sentian, Wensense, etc, offer this option, not to
    > many shops will be adopting this, becuase of younger IT admins that
    > are totally reliant on machines to do work for them. CyBlock offers
    > that option now, but at a cost of $795 per year for every 10 machines
    > connecting to the server, I dont see too many shops adopting this
    > approach very soon.

    My approach is free and works with all firewalls. In fact, every
    firewall on the market would be worthless if it didn't block outbound
    access by default and if it didn't allow you to "Approve" sites for use,
    it would be totally worthless. All of the real firewalls have this built
    in and don't require one of the filter service add-ons, it's native in
    the firewall itself.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  17. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 11, 4:13 am, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1192099910.172283.8...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, chilly8
    > @hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > She just gets the IP address currnently being used in the
    > > morning, before she goes to work, jots that down, and then when she
    > > gets to work, just enters that address into Windows Media Player,

    > And in a properly secured network she would not be able to connect to
    > it.

    However, someone could still bring their laptop, and a phone cord,
    plug thier laptop into the phone jack and use a dialup ISP (even some
    cable and DSL carriers include dial-up acceess as well). Because of
    this, I will drop the bitrate to 24K during the workday in America, to
    accomidate such dial-up users that can only get a 28K connection
    dialing out from the office. For some reason, people dialing out from
    many PBX systems can only connect to their providers at 28K. Since its
    their ISP that logs the traffic, and not the office network, there is
    no POSSIBLE way the boss can find out about it. Beucase it is on thier
    laptops, there are no event logs in the office PC to give them away
    either. And the phone call can be hideen from the company phone bill
    by first setting ATS7=255 on the modem, having the modem dial 0 plus
    the phone number, plus several commas, then have the modem dial their
    credit card number, and in less than a minute after that they are
    connected and good to go. The company cannot legally make you have
    over your home phone bill to see what calls you made form the office.

  18. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192141936.069796.168920@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>,
    chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > However, someone could still bring their laptop, and a phone cord,
    > plug thier laptop into the phone jack and use a dialup ISP (even some
    > cable and DSL carriers include dial-up acceess as well).

    We've covered this before:

    1) Laptop and a external card/antenna - to easy to spot, company policy
    prohibits it - fired.

    2) Phone card and modem - still shows on the company phone records -
    fired.

    3) Caught violating company policy - fired.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  19. Re: New Proxy SITES

    On Oct 11, 6:26 pm, Leythos wrote:
    > In article <1192141936.069796.168...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>,
    > chil...@hotmail.com says...
    >
    > > However, someone could still bring their laptop, and a phone cord,
    > > plug thier laptop into the phone jack and use a dialup ISP (even some
    > > cable and DSL carriers include dial-up acceess as well).

    > We've covered this before:
    >
    > 1) Laptop and a external card/antenna - to easy to spot, company policy
    > prohibits it - fired.

    Actually, you dont need an external antenna if you are close enough to
    a cell tower. AT&T, Verizon, and other companies now offer a "laptop
    connect card". You buy an unlimited data plan, get a card from the
    company, put in in your laptop, and you are good to go, as long as you
    can get a cellular signal. The ONLY way a company could stop this
    would be to use an cell phone jammer, which is illegal in many
    countries.

    Also, there are cell phones now with the ability to get net radio
    built in to them. And Live 365 is coming out with software that can be
    loaded onto either a BlackBerry or a Palm device. Just load the
    software, purchase a Live 365 VIP subscription, and you are all set to
    go. There is no POSSIBLE way that boss can monitor what is coming in
    on your BlackBerry or Palm device. Plus either can be easily hidden in
    a desk drawer. With a small FM transmitter, such as a SoundFeeder
    SF-120, you could brodcast the sound to a Walkman FM radio, and to the
    boss, you will appear to be listening to one of the local radio
    stations on your Walkman. Just plug the earphone jack in your net-
    radio enabled device, and the other end into the SoundFeeder, tune in
    your favourite Live 365 station, set the SoundFeeder to an unused
    frequency in your area, put on your headphones and enjoy. You will
    appear to be listening to one of the local radio stations, and the
    boss wil NEVER be the wiser. One AA battery will power the device for
    well over 40 hours.

  20. Re: New Proxy SITES

    In article <1192154641.616526.232410@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.c om>,
    chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > Actually, you dont need an external antenna if you are close enough to
    > a cell tower. AT&T, Verizon, and other companies now offer a "laptop
    > connect card".

    Yep, I have 40+ consultants with these.

    Fact is that it's easy to spot a employee with their own laptop at the
    office no matter what card / method they use - and it's still a
    violation of company policy - so, FIRED AGAIN.

    Keep trying, you're still claiming the same things that you've already
    had proven as exposed.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"