This is a discussion on Loading Application into At91rm9200(It's urgent pls reply) - Embedded ; Hi Friends, I have set up the AT91RM9200-EK board.and I have transfered a dataflash image which i got in the BSP cd.This image contains u- boot.bin,2.4.19-rmk7.bZimage and RFS.So upon loading this dataflash image using TFTP the board is successfully booting ...

    Hi Friends,

    I have set up the AT91RM9200-EK board.and I have transfered a
    dataflash image which i got in the BSP cd.This image contains u-
    boot.bin,2.4.19-rmk7.bZimage and RFS.So upon loading this dataflash
    image using TFTP the board is successfully booting up.And after that
    compiled a sample helloworld program using crosstool chain installed
    from arm-2007q1(codesourcery.com).
    But now i am not able to load this binary application file into
    board.can anybody please help in this mainly I have these doubts.

    1.Whether i have to load this binary file into Flash ROM or into DRAM
    or into any external flash.
    2 .The procedure to load it.

    Thanks in advance........

  2. Re: Loading Application into At91rm9200(It's urgent pls reply)

    On Sep 3, 8:27 pm, thiru....@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > I have set up the AT91RM9200-EK board.and I have transfered a
    > dataflash image which i got in the BSP cd.This image contains u-
    > boot.bin,2.4.19-rmk7.bZimage and RFS.So upon loading this dataflash

    I haven't worked with this board, but the following comments will
    apply to many.

    > image using TFTP the board is successfully booting up.And after that
    > compiled a sample helloworld program using crosstool chain installed
    > from arm-2007q1(codesourcery.com).
    > But now i am not able to load this binary application file into
    > board.can anybody please help in this mainly I have these doubts.
    >
    > 1.Whether i have to load this binary file into Flash ROM or into DRAM
    > or into any external flash.

    It depends on your setup, where your root file system is, what
    functionality you got enabled in your shell etc...
    In general you can run apps fro ROM or RAM.
    1.a. If your Root file system is on a NFS server, it is very easy to
    do. Just copy the compiled application binary in to somewhere in your
    NFS root tree (eg: /) and run it using your target. (Highly recommend
    doing it this way until you are confident)
    1.b. If your Root file system is on a Ramdisk stored on the flash,
    you need to find how the ramdisk is created and put the app in there
    before building the ramdisk root image.
    1.c An easier (volatile) alternate will be to
    - telnet in to target system
    - create a directory to mount a ramdrive (eg: mkdir /mnt/myramdrive)
    - mount a variable ramdrive in to that (eg: mount -t ramfs none /mnt/
    myramdrive -o maxsize=8000)
    - copy your application over FTP/TFTP/SMB/SSH in to that directory
    - run it
    Note : that the ramdrive is volatile. It would not last a reboot.

    Obviously the above is a general answer for a general question.
    Cheers