Cheap linux-ITX system? - Embedded

This is a discussion on Cheap linux-ITX system? - Embedded ; Hi, we are interested in developing solutions based on linux operating system and small itx motherboard technologies. Does anyone have suggestions where to buy cheap itx (under 250$) based system that's supported by linux. This would be min req: - ...

  1. Cheap linux-ITX system?

    Hi,

    we are interested in developing solutions based on linux
    operating system and small itx motherboard technologies.

    Does anyone have suggestions where to buy cheap itx (under 250$)
    based system that's supported by linux.

    This would be min req:

    - itx motherboard
    - 500 MHz or more
    - 256, pref. more
    - 1 GB Flash IDE
    - 2 USB
    - way to use in car power supply

    tnx in advance.

  2. Re: Cheap linux-ITX system?

    __zip__ wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > we are interested in developing solutions based on linux
    > operating system and small itx motherboard technologies.
    >
    > Does anyone have suggestions where to buy cheap itx (under 250$)
    > based system that's supported by linux.

    Mini-Itx systems are x86 based, so they will support linux.

    > This would be min req:
    >
    > - itx motherboard
    > - 500 MHz or more
    > - 256, pref. more

    I guess this is DRAM.

    > - 1 GB Flash IDE

    CF to IDE adapters are available. ( google knows of lots )

    http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id...=8&category=13

    > tnx in advance.

    Getting an entire system with power supply and case will not get below $250.

    Google has lots of links, the ones I looked at proved that $250 ( total
    cost) is not realistic.

    This is my favorite site for seeing whats out there:

    http://www.mini-itx.com

    Googleing for model numbers that are available in your country is the
    next step.

    good luck

    donald

  3. Re: Cheap linux-ITX system?

    tnx donald!

  4. Re: Cheap linux-ITX system?

    __zip__ wrote:
    > tnx donald!

    This may be what you need, and its under $250.

    http://www.zonbu.com/shop/product.php?productid=1

  5. Re: Cheap linux-ITX system?

    __zip__ wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > we are interested in developing solutions based on linux
    > operating system and small itx motherboard technologies.
    >
    > Does anyone have suggestions where to buy cheap itx (under 250$)
    > based system that's supported by linux.
    >
    > This would be min req:
    >
    > - itx motherboard
    > - 500 MHz or more
    > - 256, pref. more
    > - 1 GB Flash IDE
    > - 2 USB
    > - way to use in car power supply
    >
    > tnx in advance.

    US$60 for a "Intel BLKD201GLYL Intel Celeron 215 with a 533 MHz system
    bus 479 SiS 662 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo - Retail"

    Add a DDR2 memory module (US$40 for 1GB). Buy a CF card (US$10-20) and a
    CF-IDE adapter (US$15 from mini-box.com) or use a 1 GB USB thumbstick
    (US$10). Add a 12V to ATX power supply ($50 from mini-box.com).

    Case is unknown cost.

    I bought the 1.2GHz Jetway fanless mini-itx motherboard (rated at 6
    Watts), 1Gb of RAM, 1Gb thumbstick and a 6-26V (wide input) to ATX power
    supply adapter for my robot. PCLinux and PuppyLinux boot up very nicely
    from the thumb drive with a full GUI desktop (KDE or Gnome), probably a
    lot of other distributions will do so as well.

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread