command to see Line number information from stabs - Embedded

This is a discussion on command to see Line number information from stabs - Embedded ; Hi, I am compiling a program in an elf file with .stab and .stabstr section. I want to see line number information provided in the stabstr section. Is there any utility which I can use? TIA...

  1. command to see Line number information from stabs

    Hi, I am compiling a program in an elf file with .stab and .stabstr
    section. I want to see line number information provided in the stabstr
    section. Is there any utility which I can use? TIA

  2. Re: command to see Line number information from stabs

    Hemant writes:

    > Hi, I am compiling a program in an elf file with .stab and .stabstr
    > section. I want to see line number information provided in the stabstr
    > section.

    The '.stabstr' section doesn't provide any line number info;
    '.stab' does.

    > Is there any utility which I can use?

    Try 'objdump --stabs a.out'

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: command to see Line number information from stabs

    On Aug 18, 9:21 pm, Paul Pluzhnikov
    wrote:
    > Hemant writes:
    > > Hi, I am compiling a program in an elf file with .stab and .stabstr
    > > section. I want to see line number information provided in the stabstr
    > > section.

    > The '.stabstr' section doesn't provide any line number info;
    > '.stab' does.
    >
    > > Is there any utility which I can use?

    > Try 'objdump --stabs a.out'
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
    > Remove /-nsp/ for email.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread