After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok? - Embedded

This is a discussion on After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok? - Embedded ; We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M, if we burn Flash, will it be ...

  1. After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

    We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M
    RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code
    later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M, if we burn Flash, will
    it be Ok?. we are using JFFS2 file system, incase if out vmliux size
    goes beyon what size, I couldnot load onto Flash, thanks in advance.

    GS

  2. Re: After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M,will it be Ok?

    GS wrote:
    > We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M
    > RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code
    > later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M,

    ???? WTF did you do? Built a monolithic kernel with every known driver?

    I'd start by looking at the build script. My own vmlinux image is about
    1MB for an ARM platform.

    I think you have problems beyond the flash.

  3. Re: After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

    On 2007-03-13 11:45:46 -0400, CptDondo said:

    > GS wrote:
    >> We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M
    >> RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code
    >> later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M,

    > ???? WTF did you do? Built a monolithic kernel with every known driver?
    >
    > I'd start by looking at the build script. My own vmlinux image is
    > about 1MB for an ARM platform.
    >
    > I think you have problems beyond the flash.

    Yep...I have never built i kernel that big....Is it possible your
    talking about your jffs2 image being that big...? if so you must be
    using glibc and your not stripping the filesystem...

    Aliosa27

  4. Re: After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M,will it be Ok?

    Aliosa27 wrote:
    > On 2007-03-13 11:45:46 -0400, CptDondo said:
    >
    >> GS wrote:
    >>> We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M
    >>> RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code
    >>> later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M,

    >> ???? WTF did you do? Built a monolithic kernel with every known driver?
    >>
    >> I'd start by looking at the build script. My own vmlinux image is
    >> about 1MB for an ARM platform.
    >>
    >> I think you have problems beyond the flash.

    > Yep...I have never built i kernel that big....Is it possible your
    > talking about your jffs2 image being that big...? if so you must be
    > using glibc and your not stripping the filesystem...

    Or using Konqueror embedded + qt + i18n + UTF-8 fonts.... (Like me.
    Choke, gag, 33 mb fs... Gah.)

+ Reply to Thread