Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file - Embedded

This is a discussion on Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file - Embedded ; Hi, I need to tell application 'A' to use the unused space of application 'B' . >From the MAP file of application 'B', i know the amount of memory used , but this info has to be told to application ...

  1. Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

    Hi,

    I need to tell application 'A' to use the unused space of application
    'B' .
    >From the MAP file of application 'B', i know the amount of memory used

    , but this info has to be told to application 'A'.

    How to tell my Linker Command FIle (Linker Scripts) of application 'A'
    that the application 'B' has some amount of Unused memory in a certain
    region and so the application 'A' can use that memory ?

    Any ideas ?

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

    On Jan 24, 2:44 pm, "karthikbg"
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to tell application 'A' to use the unused space of application
    > 'B' .>From the MAP file of application 'B', i know the amount of memory used, but this info has to be told to application 'A'.
    >
    > How to tell my Linker Command FIle (Linker Scripts) of application 'A'
    > that the application 'B' has some amount of Unused memory in a certain
    > region and so the application 'A' can use that memory ?
    >
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > Thx in advans,
    > Karthik Balaguru

    I do not find any option in Linker Script for passing values from
    another file to Linker Script. Is it there ? (Did i miss it ?? )
    I think, i will write my own Parser Script for extracting the used
    memory from MAP file and write it inside the corresponding location in
    the Linker Command File.

    Thx,
    Karthik Balaguru

  3. Re: Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

    > I do not find any option in Linker Script for passing values from
    > another file to Linker Script. Is it there

    I suppose you use GNU tools. You can use environment setting in the
    linker script.

    -Michael

+ Reply to Thread