problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only - Embedded

This is a discussion on problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only - Embedded ; Hello, I have to write a self test routine that was required to run in rom only(ram is not allowed). For ADS1.2 assembler,how can i define a string such as "abcd" without using variable? Thanks!...

  1. problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only

    Hello,
    I have to write a self test routine that was required to run in rom
    only(ram is not allowed). For ADS1.2 assembler,how can i define a string
    such as "abcd" without using variable? Thanks!

  2. Re: problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only

    Why should you not use the on-chip RAM of the chip ? There is no need to
    test same.

    If not using ARM at all, you can't use something like variable strings.
    Of course you can use pointers to constant strings.

    -Michael

  3. Re: problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only

    Why should you not use the on-chip RAM of the chip ? There is no need to
    test same.

    If not using RAM at all, you can't use something like variable strings.
    Of course you can use pointers to constant strings.

    -Michael

  4. Re: problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only

    On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:20:30 +0800, Zhenhuan Du
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    > I have to write a self test routine that was required to run in rom
    >only(ram is not allowed). For ADS1.2 assembler,how can i define a string
    >such as "abcd" without using variable? Thanks!

    String literals are typically allocated to ROM.

    --
    Dan Henry

  5. Re: problem:print string when ARM is running in ROM only

    Zhenhuan Du wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have to write a self test routine that was required to run in
    > rom only(ram is not allowed). For ADS1.2 assembler,how can i define a
    > string such as "abcd" without using variable? Thanks!

    thanks you all, using a "DCB" definition in readonly area solved the
    problem!

+ Reply to Thread