whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments? - Embedded

This is a discussion on whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments? - Embedded ; I found this whitepaper today discussing Embedded Linux best practises: http://www.katalix.com/doc/embedded_..._practices.pdf Anyone else seen it? It's very new! I'm about to start my first Embedded Linux project, porting Nucleus code. This paper suggests I'm about to run into problems.... so ...

  1. whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments?

    I found this whitepaper today discussing Embedded Linux best practises:

    http://www.katalix.com/doc/embedded_..._practices.pdf

    Anyone else seen it? It's very new!

    I'm about to start my first Embedded Linux project, porting Nucleus
    code. This paper suggests I'm about to run into problems.... so I'm
    interested in what others think about the paper. There is also a
    discussion forum on the Katalix site, but not many posts yet.

    Is the paper representative?

    Thanks!
    Paul

  2. Re: whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments?

    Paul Wakeman wrote:
    > I found this whitepaper today discussing Embedded Linux best practises:
    >
    > http://www.katalix.com/doc/embedded_..._practices.pdf
    >
    > Anyone else seen it? It's very new!
    >
    > I'm about to start my first Embedded Linux project, porting Nucleus
    > code. This paper suggests I'm about to run into problems.... so I'm
    > interested in what others think about the paper. There is also a
    > discussion forum on the Katalix site, but not many posts yet.
    >
    > Is the paper representative?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Paul

    I'm using Nucleus Plus too. I think hard realtime is a must have.

  3. Re: whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments?

    Zhenhuan Du wrote:

    > Paul Wakeman wrote:
    >
    >> I found this whitepaper today discussing Embedded Linux best practises:
    >>
    >> http://www.katalix.com/doc/embedded_..._practices.pdf
    >>
    >> Anyone else seen it? It's very new!
    >>
    >> I'm about to start my first Embedded Linux project, porting Nucleus
    >> code. This paper suggests I'm about to run into problems.... so I'm
    >> interested in what others think about the paper. There is also a
    >> discussion forum on the Katalix site, but not many posts yet.
    >>
    >> Is the paper representative?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Paul
    >>

    > I'm using Nucleus Plus too. I think hard realtime is a must have.

    The paper does mention hard realtime. However, I'm not so concerned
    about that because I don't have hard realtime in my Nucleus app. The
    paper says that mapping RTOS calls to POSIX APIs (threads, mutexes etc)
    and implementing the RTOS system in one Linux process is a mistake. True?

+ Reply to Thread