printk.o - Embedded

This is a discussion on printk.o - Embedded ; Hi, How does printk.o gets linked with the module that i place in the kernel. I believe that dynamic linking is not possible in kernel space. There are no libraries present in the kernel space. So, how does the "undefined ...

  1. printk.o

    Hi,

    How does printk.o gets linked with the module that i place in the
    kernel.
    I believe that dynamic linking is not possible in kernel space.
    There are no libraries present in the kernel space. So, how does the
    "undefined reference" does not pop up for using printk in my program ?

    Kindly, Clarify me regarding this.
    (I did search google, but did not get the necessary info regarding
    this)

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: printk.o

    karthikbg wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How does printk.o gets linked with the module that i place in the
    > kernel.
    > I believe that dynamic linking is not possible in kernel space.
    > There are no libraries present in the kernel space. So, how does the
    > "undefined reference" does not pop up for using printk in my program ?
    >
    > Kindly, Clarify me regarding this.
    > (I did search google, but did not get the necessary info regarding
    > this)
    >
    > Thx in advans,
    > Karthik Balaguru

    Hi,
    Got the answer.
    Insmod tries to link a module into the running kernel by resolving all
    symbols from the kernel's exported symbol table. And So, I do not get
    that message popped up.

    Thx,
    Karthik Balaguru

+ Reply to Thread