net-snmp for embedded linux - Embedded

This is a discussion on net-snmp for embedded linux - Embedded ; Hello, I was searching for an implementation of net-snmp for a Coldfire uClinux platform. Any link? Also, is there any implementation of net-snmp for a generic embedded linux platform? AFAIK I only found net-snmp on axis website for Etrax chip. ...

  1. net-snmp for embedded linux

    Hello,
    I was searching for an implementation of net-snmp for a Coldfire uClinux
    platform.

    Any link?

    Also, is there any implementation of net-snmp for a generic embedded
    linux platform? AFAIK I only found net-snmp on axis website for Etrax
    chip.

    Thanks,
    Marco

  2. Re: net-snmp for embedded linux

    Marco wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I was searching for an implementation of net-snmp for a Coldfire uClinux
    > platform.

    > Any link?

    > Also, is there any implementation of net-snmp for a generic embedded
    > linux platform? AFAIK I only found net-snmp on axis website for Etrax
    > chip.

    you got the source luke, go port it :-)

  3. Re: net-snmp for embedded linux

    Jim Jackson [2006-11-14 23:19]:
    > Marco wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I was searching for an implementation of net-snmp for a Coldfire uClinux
    > > platform.

    > > Any link?

    > > Also, is there any implementation of net-snmp for a generic embedded
    > > linux platform? AFAIK I only found net-snmp on axis website for Etrax
    > > chip.

    > you got the source luke, go port it :-)

    I am not very skilled in porting code... and there are plenty of fork()
    in net-snmp :-( That's why I was wondering for a uclinux net-snmp
    tree...

    Marco

  4. Re: net-snmp for embedded linux

    Hi Marco wrote:
    > Jim Jackson [2006-11-14 23:19]:
    >> Marco wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I was searching for an implementation of net-snmp for a Coldfire uClinux
    >>> platform.
    >>> Any link?
    >>> Also, is there any implementation of net-snmp for a generic embedded
    >>> linux platform? AFAIK I only found net-snmp on axis website for Etrax
    >>> chip.

    >> you got the source luke, go port it :-)

    > I am not very skilled in porting code... and there are plenty of fork()
    > in net-snmp :-( That's why I was wondering for a uclinux net-snmp
    > tree...

    I've just taken a quick check in our product configuration files,
    and it looks like we used to run net-snmp on a coldfire product at some time in
    the past.
    Take a look at the user/net-snmp/ code in the snapgear linux distro:
    http://www.snapgear.org

    regards,

    | Software Engineer email: Damion_deSoto@au.securecomputing.com
    | Secure Computing Corporation web: http://www.securecomputing.com
    | fax: +61 7 3891 3630 ph: +61 7 3435 2809
    ---- Free Embedded Linux Distro at http://www.snapgear.org ----

+ Reply to Thread