flash players for embedded systems? - Embedded

This is a discussion on flash players for embedded systems? - Embedded ; Does anyone know of a browser + flashplayer for embedded systems? Even a browser and a separate player where the browser will start the external player automagically? I have an HP Ipaq (WinCE) and a Sharp Zaurus (Linux - openzaurus) ...

  1. flash players for embedded systems?

    Does anyone know of a browser + flashplayer for embedded systems? Even
    a browser and a separate player where the browser will start the
    external player automagically?

    I have an HP Ipaq (WinCE) and a Sharp Zaurus (Linux - openzaurus) and I
    can't find a browser for either one that supports flash.... Fishing
    around on the web finds nothing useful; only some vague references that
    there aren't any players.

    (I could build a version of Konq/e + qt/e for the zaurus that will run
    on a X11 arm based system, but before I subject myself to that much pain
    I figured I'd ask.... Even so, the Konq/e player only supports flash 3.)

    --Yan

  2. Re: flash players for embedded systems?

    CptDondo wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a browser + flashplayer for embedded systems? Even
    > a browser and a separate player where the browser will start the
    > external player automagically?
    >
    > I have an HP Ipaq (WinCE) and a Sharp Zaurus (Linux - openzaurus) and I
    > can't find a browser for either one that supports flash.

    There are a couple of open-source Flash player projects. You might get
    one or the other to work on one (or both) of your devices.

    http://www.schleef.org/swfdec/
    http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

    Gnash looks like the more active of the two projects.

+ Reply to Thread