gdbserver debug multithreads program - Embedded

This is a discussion on gdbserver debug multithreads program - Embedded ; I'm trying to remotely debug a multithreaded application with gdbserver. When the program reaches a breakpoint gdbserver exit with "Child terminated with signal = 0x5". Gdbserver version 6.3 is running on a debian linux box because I don't have the ...

  1. gdbserver debug multithreads program

    I'm trying to remotely debug a multithreaded application with
    gdbserver.
    When the program reaches a breakpoint gdbserver exit with "Child
    terminated with signal = 0x5".
    Gdbserver version 6.3 is running on a debian linux box because I don't
    have the embedded card yet (and is the standard packet installed with
    debian linux).
    Does gdbserver support debugging of multithreaded applications?
    If not, where can I find patch to do this? (I read something about but
    I don't found nothing).

    Thanks in advance, bye.

  2. Re: gdbserver debug multithreads program

    ghiggia@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm trying to remotely debug a multithreaded application with
    > gdbserver.
    > When the program reaches a breakpoint gdbserver exit with "Child
    > terminated with signal = 0x5".
    > Gdbserver version 6.3 is running on a debian linux box because I don't
    > have the embedded card yet (and is the standard packet installed with
    > debian linux).
    > Does gdbserver support debugging of multithreaded applications?
    > If not, where can I find patch to do this? (I read something about but
    > I don't found nothing).
    >
    > Thanks in advance, bye.

    Hi,

    I have tried gdb 6.4 and it does support multithreaded applications. It
    tells you when a new thread is created and you can have a list of your
    application's threads. However, while debugging a thread (e.g. execution
    step by step) all the other threads continue running normally. Depending
    on your applications this may be an issue or not.

    You can download DGB 6.4 from http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/

    Good luck !

  3. Re: gdbserver debug multithreads program

    Hi
    I don't understand if you use gdb or gdbserver. With gdb 6.3 I can
    debug locally a multithreaded application. I had the problem when I
    tried to debug the application remotely with gdbserver.

    Jesus Hernandez ha scritto:

    > ghiggia@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I'm trying to remotely debug a multithreaded application with
    > > gdbserver.
    > > When the program reaches a breakpoint gdbserver exit with "Child
    > > terminated with signal = 0x5".
    > > Gdbserver version 6.3 is running on a debian linux box because I don't
    > > have the embedded card yet (and is the standard packet installed with
    > > debian linux).
    > > Does gdbserver support debugging of multithreaded applications?
    > > If not, where can I find patch to do this? (I read something about but
    > > I don't found nothing).
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance, bye.
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have tried gdb 6.4 and it does support multithreaded applications. It
    > tells you when a new thread is created and you can have a list of your
    > application's threads. However, while debugging a thread (e.g. execution
    > step by step) all the other threads continue running normally. Depending
    > on your applications this may be an issue or not.
    >
    > You can download DGB 6.4 from http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/
    >
    > Good luck !

+ Reply to Thread