Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keep on failing, any idea? - Embedded

This is a discussion on Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keep on failing, any idea? - Embedded ; Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista, keep getting this below error: any idea?. This is the error I am getting (if I try to mount between Two linux machines, it is Ok), I can see portmap running (if I ...

  1. Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keep on failing, any idea?

    Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista, keep getting this below
    error: any idea?. This is the error I am getting (if I try to mount
    between Two linux machines, it is Ok), I can see portmap running (if I
    do "netstat -an | grep 111", I can see it is Listening)

    mount: RPC: Unable to receivce; errno = Connection refused

  2. Re: Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keep on failing, any idea?

    If the nfs server is on a windows machine there is a problem with the
    montavista software where none of the network services work unless only ONE
    interface is enabled. I had to manully go in and disable my wireless
    interface, for example, before I could get nfsd to start correctly.

    Another possibility is the machine has a firewall blocking access.

    -Clark

    "GS" wrote in message
    news:1162174223.263825.194820@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista, keep getting this below
    > error: any idea?. This is the error I am getting (if I try to mount
    > between Two linux machines, it is Ok), I can see portmap running (if I
    > do "netstat -an | grep 111", I can see it is Listening)
    >
    > mount: RPC: Unable to receivce; errno = Connection refused

  3. Re: Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keepon failing, any idea?

    > If the nfs server is on a windows machine ...

    Interesting. I did not know that Windows can do NFS.

    -Michael

  4. Re: Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keepon failing, any idea?

    Michael Schnell wrote:
    >> If the nfs server is on a windows machine ...

    > Interesting. I did not know that Windows can do NFS.

    It can't natively, but there are a couple of tools you can get. Most of
    them are commercial, although the one included with Cygwin has worked
    fine for me in the past. That said, I don't remember how well it handled
    things like case sensitivity.

  5. Re: Trying to mount nfs partition on Montavista running target, keepon failing, any idea?

    Michael Schnell wrote:
    >> If the nfs server is on a windows machine ...

    > Interesting. I did not know that Windows can do NFS.

    There are packages you can buy (Hummingbird, etc.) and probably some
    free ones, but Microsoft's own (free) Services For Unix package
    "supports" NFS as a client and a server.

    Don't expect to be particularly amazed by any of them, though. They may
    work just fine in simplistic (and low traffic) usage environments, but
    in general they work as well as one might expect anything to work under
    Windows (i.e., nothing to write home about). The issues may very well
    be Explorer-related, but they've become pretty annoying nonetheless in
    my environment.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread