embedded Java projects - Embedded

This is a discussion on embedded Java projects - Embedded ; Hi Experts, Is something like this usually done ? Is there a reliable open source Java byte code interpreter done in C language ? What open source options are there to use a PC to create Java byte code from ...

  1. embedded Java projects

    Hi Experts,

    Is something like this usually done ?

    Is there a reliable open source Java byte code interpreter done in C
    language ?

    What open source options are there to use a PC to create Java byte code
    from Java source code, that can be modified in a way that all GUI stuff
    is removed so that embedded projects are created and maybe additional
    propriety instructions can be introduced (e.g. for real time extensions,
    process scheduling, ..., if such is really necessary)? I suppose
    Eclipse might be first choice here, but this is a huge beast.

    -Michael

  2. Re: embedded Java projects

    Hello,

    > Is something like this usually done ?
    >
    > Is there a reliable open source Java byte code interpreter done in C
    > language ?
    >
    > What open source options are there to use a PC to create Java byte code
    > from Java source code, that can be modified in a way that all GUI stuff
    > is removed so that embedded projects are created and maybe additional
    > propriety instructions can be introduced (e.g. for real time extensions,
    > process scheduling, ..., if such is really necessary)? I suppose
    > Eclipse might be first choice here, but this is a huge beast.

    I'm no expert, but maybe you can take a look at Kaffe.

    Regards

  3. Re: embedded Java projects

    > I'm no expert, but maybe you can take a look at Kaffe.

    looking at this and the links they provide seems encouraging.

    Thanks,
    -Michael

+ Reply to Thread