Access Error -- PC = 0X15AB30 -> memcpy and C_4i_CF_MSL.a - Embedded

This is a discussion on Access Error -- PC = 0X15AB30 -> memcpy and C_4i_CF_MSL.a - Embedded ; Hi, I am using M68K (cygwin) for development . (MCF5272 Coldfire). I get continuos errors as below when i try to run my application from FLASH memory. "Access Error -- PC = 0X15AB30" "Error on operand read" But, i do ...

  1. Access Error -- PC = 0X15AB30 -> memcpy and C_4i_CF_MSL.a

    Hi,

    I am using M68K (cygwin) for development . (MCF5272 Coldfire).

    I get continuos errors as below when i try to run my application from
    FLASH memory.
    "Access Error -- PC = 0X15AB30"
    "Error on operand read"
    But, i do not get any errors if i run it from tthe RAM of my Hardware.

    The address here refers to "memcpy" in mem.o which lies in the ColdFire
    runtime library "C_4i_CF_MSL.a".

    By seeing the disassembly of the RAM version of the ELF file (that gets
    generated) , we came to
    the above conclusion..

    But, this "C_4i_CF_MSL.a" library is a reliable library from
    Codewarrior as i have been using it in
    various projects. Really strange. Where could the problem be ?

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: Access Error -- PC = 0X15AB30 -> memcpy and C_4i_CF_MSL.a

    Hi ,

    I am sorry, I am using Codewarrior Environment here for this project
    and i am using the codewarrior libraries only. I have wrongly mentioned
    as cygwin in the earlier posting of this
    query.

    Actually i am using both the environment for different activities and
    so got messed up while posting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Regards,
    Karthik Balaguru

+ Reply to Thread