moxa uc-7410 - Embedded

This is a discussion on moxa uc-7410 - Embedded ; Has anybody practical experience with the moxa uc-7410? Moxa says the device comes with a monte-vista kernel 2.4.18 and a development chain based on gcc 3.3. I wonder how much effort would be required to upgrade to a recent 2.6. ...

  1. moxa uc-7410

    Has anybody practical experience with the moxa uc-7410? Moxa says the
    device comes with a monte-vista kernel 2.4.18 and a development chain
    based on gcc 3.3. I wonder how much effort would be required to upgrade
    to a recent 2.6. kernel and gcc 4.1?

    Rupert

  2. Re: moxa uc-7410

    Hello,

    The Moxa will port kernel 2.6.x some day of 2007.
    And you can not directly upgrade for your new kernel. You must have the
    Moxa properity tool to make the ROM file or firmware file. You will do
    many things for it.

    Victor

    Rupert Kittinger wrote:
    > Has anybody practical experience with the moxa uc-7410? Moxa says the
    > device comes with a monte-vista kernel 2.4.18 and a development chain
    > based on gcc 3.3. I wonder how much effort would be required to upgrade
    > to a recent 2.6. kernel and gcc 4.1?
    >
    > Rupert

+ Reply to Thread