how to pass arguments from gdb to gdbserver - Embedded

This is a discussion on how to pass arguments from gdb to gdbserver - Embedded ; i want to debug a program which run on xscale board. i run xscale-gdbserver on the target board, and run xscale-gdb on the host. i want to pass arguments to the program by from xscale-gdb to xscale-gdbserver, i use the ...

  1. how to pass arguments from gdb to gdbserver

    i want to debug a program which run on xscale board.
    i run xscale-gdbserver on the target board,
    and run xscale-gdb on the host.
    i want to pass arguments to the program by from xscale-gdb to
    xscale-gdbserver, i use the command: set args to pass the argument, but i
    find the argument dosent pass to program

  2. Re: how to pass arguments from gdb to gdbserver

    i have know how to do it now

    "freegnu" 写入消息新闻:egf4l0$7qs$1@news.yaako.com...
    > i want to debug a program which run on xscale board.
    > i run xscale-gdbserver on the target board,
    > and run xscale-gdb on the host.
    > i want to pass arguments to the program by from xscale-gdb to
    > xscale-gdbserver, i use the command: set args to pass the argument, but i
    > find the argument dosent pass to program

  3. Re: how to pass arguments from gdb to gdbserver

    freegnu wrote:
    > i have know how to do it now
    >
    > "freegnu" 写入消息新闻:egf4l0$7qs$1@news.yaako.com...
    > > i want to debug a program which run on xscale board.
    > > i run xscale-gdbserver on the target board,
    > > and run xscale-gdb on the host.
    > > i want to pass arguments to the program by from xscale-gdb to
    > > xscale-gdbserver, i use the command: set args to pass the argument, buti
    > > find the argument dosent pass to program

    Hi,
    It is good that you have got the solution to your problem.
    But I think it will be better if after getting solution you let the
    others know about it. After all if you expect others to help you...you
    should also do the same.
    Thanks,

  4. Re: how to pass arguments from gdb to gdbserver

    it only to type the command

    gdbserver IP:PORT command args

    "bansal"
    ??????:1160475209.548402.109620@i42g2000cwa.google groups.com...
    freegnu wrote:
    > i have know how to do it now
    >
    > "freegnu" 写入消息新闻:egf4l0$7qs$1@news.yaako.com...
    > > i want to debug a program which run on xscale board.
    > > i run xscale-gdbserver on the target board,
    > > and run xscale-gdb on the host.
    > > i want to pass arguments to the program by from xscale-gdb to
    > > xscale-gdbserver, i use the command: set args to pass the argument, but
    > > find the argument dosent pass to program

    Hi,
    It is good that you have got the solution to your problem.
    But I think it will be better if after getting solution you let the
    others know about it. After all if you expect others to help you...you
    should also do the same.
    Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread