C_4i_CF_MSL.a, Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a,fp_coldfire.o libraries in cygwin - Embedded

This is a discussion on C_4i_CF_MSL.a, Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a,fp_coldfire.o libraries in cygwin - Embedded ; Hi, I am porting a MCF5272(coldfire) embedded software from Codewarrior V5x into cygwin environment. The makefile created manually works fine for compilation but have some issues while linking. The following libraries that come along with Codewarrior are being used by ...

  1. C_4i_CF_MSL.a, Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a,fp_coldfire.o libraries in cygwin

    Hi,

    I am porting a MCF5272(coldfire) embedded software from Codewarrior V5x
    into cygwin environment.

    The makefile created manually works fine for compilation but have some
    issues while linking.

    The following libraries that come along with Codewarrior are being used
    by our application and so require the same in cygwin environment .
    1) C_4i_CF_MSL.a
    2) Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a
    3) fp_coldfire.o

    I did try googling, but did not fine info regarding the same.
    I am eager to have the equivalent libraries in cygwin environment so
    that i can use it .
    Kindly share your views / info / links regarding the above.

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: C_4i_CF_MSL.a, Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a,fp_coldfire.o libraries in cygwin

    Hello,

    > I am porting a MCF5272(coldfire) embedded software from Codewarrior V5x
    > into cygwin environment.

    Is it possible to use something else instead? I personally prefer coLinux,
    which ports the linux kernel to win32 environment (the kernel runs as a
    process). Upon that a whole linux system (e.g. Debian, Gentoo) is built,
    which is very fast. Output goes via console or a X server on your host.

    Using cygwin can help, but sometimes doesn't. Tuxbox cannot be compiled
    under cygwin and many things require special amounts of time to get it
    working. Using another environment works flawlessly.

    It might help, but if you must use cygwin, I cannot help.

    Regards,
    Sebastian

  3. Re: C_4i_CF_MSL.a, Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a,fp_coldfire.o libraries in cygwin

    Hi ,

    Linker problem was occuring while using the CodeWarrior library due to
    obvious reasons - C_4i_CF_MSL.a, Cpp_4i_CF_Runtime.a and
    fp_coldfire.o.
    The gcc stated that it was unable to read the archive and
    m68k-elf-ranlib must be run for
    indexing. But, Even after running ranlib it did not get fixed .
    After replacing the library files with cygwin library files libg.a,
    libz.a, libgcc.a and libcov.a, the BFD assertion error has got
    resolved.

    Regards,
    Karthik Balaguru

+ Reply to Thread