JTag <- transfer kernel? - Embedded

This is a discussion on JTag <- transfer kernel? - Embedded ; Hi May i know what is the most common way to transfer the kernel image and the bootloader to arm development board? is it using JTag? If i erase some bytes of my bootloader , how can i install it ...

  1. JTag <- transfer kernel?

    Hi
    May i know what is the most common way to transfer the kernel image
    and the bootloader to arm development board? is it using JTag?
    If i erase some bytes of my bootloader , how can i install it again?

    thanks
    from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com)

  2. Re: JTag <- transfer kernel?

    hkhellhkhell@hotmail.com ha scritto:
    > Hi
    > May i know what is the most common way to transfer the kernel image
    > and the bootloader to arm development board? is it using JTag?
    > If i erase some bytes of my bootloader , how can i install it again?
    >
    > thanks
    > from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com)

    It depends on the ARM architecture you are using, for example Atmel AT91
    RM9200 has an internal loader using xmodem protocol on serial port.
    BTW with a JTAG debugger you can usually do that every time you want.
    I use and suggest a PEEDI debugger from Ronetix.

    Best regards
    --
    Marco Cavallini
    Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA